Honor Yourself

When I woke up this morning I knew I had to post a blog, the name popped in my head and I was lead to share my thoughts while they are hot on my mind. I honor you for clicking the link to my blog. Thank you for allowing me to share parts of me with you. You are here for a reason, it isn't just to read, you need something and my words just might help you fulfill whatever it is you did or didn't know you were even searching for today.


When I think of what it means to honor myself, I think of everything from big to small. You don't give yourself the Love and credit you deserve. It's okay we have all been there before, some of us are still there and some of us will backtrack there again in order to move forward in the right direction. It is easy to be distracted with any negative feelings/thoughts with so much going on around us so in order to remain grounded we must do the work to stay grounded.

One of the first steps for me was honoring myself, taking the time to appreciate my being. We tend to beat ourselves up for mistakes and mishaps that happen due to what we choose to do, think, say and feel. We don't give ourselves enough credit. When I began my meditation journey I was not sure how to meditate, if I was breathing properly or if I was speaking the proper affirmations. I focused energy questioning what I was doing and how I was doing it instead of honoring myself for taking the steps to work on myself. We all have different needs so there is no "proper" way to do things there are just some ways that are more commonly practiced, however, do what you are lead to do. I say that to say I was doing exactly what I was supposed to do and once I learned that I needed to honor myself, that is when the meditation started to open me up.

 Let's say you had a tough day, you woke up late and then there was traffic on the way to work. You spend your morning beating yourself up about these things. You may not know  it but subconsciously you are creating your day, the energy you are putting out is setting you up for how your day is going to go. You walked into work with the thought in your head that you were ready to leave before you even got there. Now you sit at your desk, or wherever it is you operate, and you're in a not so good mood. Your co-workers are annoying you, you're not in the mood to do your job and you just think the day sucks. Guess what? The day sucks because you created that atmosphere, you chose to focus on the negative instead of the positive. When you wake up late you should still give thanks for waking up, when you walk out of your house even if you are running behind you should honor yourself for doing what you are supposed to do instead of saying "I'm already late, might as well call out."

You see it is the smallest things that make the biggest differences in our lives. Taking time to honor yourself creates a sense of happiness, it allows you to also understand that you are exactly where you should be. You woke up late for work for a reason, there was traffic for a reason, instead of using those moments to beat yourself up use them to honor yourself for pushing forward regardless. Ask for the strength to shift your mood in a better direction in order to change the overall outcome of your day. It sounds dramatic I know but it isn't and it is something I encourage you to practice on a daily basis. When we honor ourselves we are able to live in our own reality without dictation from others. We also enable ourselves to honor and treat others respectfully as well.
You can honor yourself at any time and for any reason you feel in your heart. Try it, be your own up-lifter, your own cheerleader, don't let anything get in the way of you connecting with your highest self.

Again, I honor you for clicking the link to my blog, I honor you for reading until the end, I honor you for opening your heart and mind to receive my words how you see fit.

Thank you for reading!
*kisses



When I started my meditation journey I came across this SoundCloud "Sip and Om"
Mary Meckley is a meditation guide and a big part of my continued practice and understanding of meditation. Mary uploads daily meditation techniques based on a whatever is being focused on for that week. For example if the weeks focus is on negativity, everyday will provide a different technique on dealing with negativity. She helped me understand what it means to honor myself.
I hope these can help you just as they have done for me!
You may check her website out here: Sip and Om Meditation Guide

Comments

Unknown said…
Words of Wisdom <3
Tae W. said…
I needed this! I'm focusing on how I'm using my energy on a daily basis, what you put out is what you get back in, I'll be printing this and hanging it at my desk, great piece!
K Monae said…
:-) thank you for reading!
K Monae said…
That makes me soooooooo happy!!!! Thank you for reading!
I am definitely taking more moments to be proactive focusing on uplifting thoughts! Your blog is a motivational and much appreciated force!!
Unknown said…
Thank you for sharing. I truly enjoyed reading this. Emotional and mental health is extremely important. Especially for women like myself that juggling many different hats daily. Reading this post just gave me more confirmation on the importance of positive thinking and how it can change the dynamics of my day. Great read!!
K Monae said…
Thank you love! I'm happy you enjoyed it, thank you for reading!!!
K Monae said…
I'm so happy my words could give you some confirmation! It is very important and we don't realize it until we start to do the work and truly take care of ourselves. Thank you for reading!!!

Popular posts from this blog