Artist Spotlight: @IAmPhonzy



Stephon "Phonzy" Riley is a 26 year old unsigned recording artist from Clovis, California. He is also a producer, composer and musician with an "omni-genre" sound enabling him to see no limits when it comes to creating music.
Song: Here I Am

Since a very young age he has been playing instruments, his father was a pastor of a church which inspired his sound that he lets flow effortlessly today. At the age of 14 his friend took him to the studio where he "laid down a hook and a verse and has been hooked ever since." He has a very clean voice and an acoustic vibe that makes you want to be up under the one you love. I would say his music is for the adults; for the grown and sexy. With me being a passionate person I am drawn to his music, I am all about showing and being love. Another thing that had me drawn to exploring his music is the acoustic sound. I have always been a fan of pianos and guitars which he incorporates into a lot of his music.




.'I Want You' was the first song I heard, I love the simplicity of this track and the take your time vibe it gives off. This is a song professing a promise of commitment and deep want to be with that special person. Many of us have messed up with someone and come around to realize our part in the situation and what to do in order to get it right. That is exactly what this song is all about. 

It wasn't easy for me to choose just one song after listening to all 26 on his Soundcloud. Another track I enjoy rocking to is Need To Know which is all about showing appreciation to the person who has been rocking with you even when you had nothing. He also has a pretty dope My Beyonce cover on Youtube that I am sure the ladies will enjoy. I want to speak on more but I am going to let you enjoy exploring his music. His project 'The Drop' which, was released in 2015, is a seven track album worth taking a listen to as well. As far as new music he will be dropping a project in honor of his father who passed a way a few months ago. I know that project is going to be amazing! In the meantime check him out and enjoy!

'The Drop' available on: Amazon - Itunes - Google Play

For more information or to stay updated check out the links below: 


Thanks for reading!
*kisses

Comments

Cheez said…
Much inspiring and insightful
K Monae said…
Thank you for reading!

Popular posts from this blog

Honor Yourself