Lover's Land

Lover’s Land





10.28.08

Take me to a place where I’m guaranteed safe
No need to worry if my lover will cheat on me
Beat on me
Just simply mistreat me
If one passes no eyes will wander
Only thoughts of us
No need for minds to ponder
No upsetting
No need to slander a name
Our love will be each other’s
And when one is hurt the other will tend to their pain
Take me to a place when Im guaranteed safe
No worries if my lover will give me an std
Or go looking for or sexin’ someone who isn’t me
And if he comes home late
He applies kisses 2 my face
And with a tight embrace
There will be no need for my mind to race
Knowing he love’s me and isn't going anywhere
Cuz we're in Lover's Land where WE are perfectly in love without a care.



What this poem "The Perfect Love" means to me :
Knowing no relationship is perfect but also knowing how to make it work as to where no one can tell you it's not perfect.

---------------------------------------------------------
3.2.2010

I wrote this a while ago but the idea still surfaces from the back of my mind. Most of the things I wrote in the above poem are not hard to accomplish yet I feel alot of these things are hard for people to do. Times have changed and it seems no one wants to be in a happy relationship.
Wait...before you tell me I'm wrong let me explain what I mean...
When I say no one wants to be in a happy relationship, I don't mean that in a literal sense, I am implying that people get distracted, loose focus, get in relationships for the wrong reason....therefore I feel that alot of times happiness is last on the list and sometimes it's [unknowingly] not even on the list.
Alot of people say they want to be happy but they don't "pursue" this happiness. I am speaking specifically on relationships. Trust is the key and alot of people don't trust because of failed relationships but what they don't realize is that God is going to place people in one's life where they NEED to be, not where one may WANT them to be. That's one of the realest quotes I've said and I stand by it. Just because a relationship didn't work out doesn't mean that another won't. People get cheated on and they let it ruin their future relationships-if they even choose to have any after. One should not take past heartache and hold it against the next. I have seen so many instances where a person was treated wrong or cheated on and they let that affect them in a negative way...going out and messing with a bunch of people, letting people get emotionally attached and then fleeing them...treating everyone who gets close in a bad manner...and there are many more examples. The purpose of this piece is to acknowledge the fact that there aren't PERFECT relationships but that doesn't mean there can't be really good ones.

My question to you is this

Do you feel the things I said in "Lover's Land" are tangible and is it hard to do those things?

Thanks for reading!
*kisses

Comments

tbrick11 said…
very nice...i agree with u on this one...there are too many ways to access different things which allows for a lot of distractions and for many, it becomes acceptable. it's not hard to do those things, BUT, you have to WANT to do them. you have to be able to ask yourself, "is it worth it"...9 times outta 10 it isn't.

Popular posts from this blog

Honor Yourself