"Je Ne Sais Quoi" by @YoungDiction


Note from Peaches: I am going through some things in my life and this poem really spoke to me, it was almost as if he wrote it for me.  .  .so, I wanted to share it with my readers. Enjoy!!
_______________________________________________________________



Focused on the now not thinking about the how or the why…
Only the why nots and my girl think I’m bitchin…(smh)

My man Austin call it mojo, the old heads call it labedo, the French
Call it Je ne sais quoi, hell some people even call it, IT…me
I just call it my shit and I lost it and I want…no no, I need it back

My walk, my talk, & more importantly my very allure depends on my
Quest to reestablish myself as myself and get back to being me

You see, at 100% my sheer will power can crumble mountains and
Bring conquerors to their knees, my thoughts build tracks around
Planets so I can think outside my own realm, fugga box, unless it’s
Pandora’s and without a problem I’ll open that thang up and
Release her aurora

All locked up, but my shit is key
Lost and not yet found seems to be my destiny
The sisters of fate dangle my thread in my face wanting me to cut life
Short on my end, but my thread remains strong, no breaks nor bends

Yet I’m focused on the now not thinking about the how or the why…
Only the why nots and my girl think I’m bitchin…(smh)

Things are falling apart while simultaneously coming together,
A prosperous future is on the horizon, but the present is a
Scornful bitch I fugged over in my past story, now she’s back with a
Vengeance & flames of hell’s fury

Got me on my Arnold shit, constantly telling myself that I’ll be back,
But I’m scared cause I’m drowning and 6’1" is not tall enough
To withstand this ocean

Of emotions, where I think I lost my shit, but fear, confusion and anger are
Hindering my vision while cloaked around me as if it were tailored to fit
Like a three-piece suit, though I can make anything look good, it’s just
Not a good look

No emotions on my sleeve I’m not an open book, I keep it locked inside cause
Daddy always said that big boys don’t cry so at an early age I committed
Emotional suicide, now I try to maintain always on the verge of going insane
In the membrane, cause these feelings I can’t handle

Along time ago I placed my heart on a mantle, now I’m tryna get it back and
As a grown man towards the simple things I know not how to act…
Damn, I need my shit back

Young Dictionary
2012


Follow him on twitter: @YoungDiction
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eric.t.mccain




                                                             Thanks for reading!

Comments

Miss Daja said…
I think this spoke to me as well. It's toooo real! Thank you for sharing Peaches.
Zodiac Avenger said…
Intelligent work....

Popular posts from this blog

Honor Yourself