Dear Diary Edition: Will The Realest of The Real Please Stand Up?

Come enjoy a piece of my mind. .
I have never been a fan of the fake living. Y'all can sit on the internet posting things that make your life seem so great or as if you're such a good person. I see otherwise. Why are you pretending for other people?  I won't pretend I'm happy and I'm living the life because I'm not. I'm unhappy, frustrated, angry, disappointed and so many other negative things. Glad to be alive? Yes. Extremely thankful. Sometimes I wonder what's the point of it all? I mean we live life and go through heartbreak, losing loved ones, struggling to get by all while trying to figure out who we are and what we want to do with our life only to know one day we will be gone. The unhappiness outweighs the happiness these days because people aren't who they claim to be, they put on a front like they are so great when really they are putting on a front. You are supposed to do what makes you happy but that isn't easy when you add other people into the equation. It's been proven that no human can survive without love/affection from another, even if it's abusive. Whether it be a friend, lover or just a stranger who cares, we all need someone to care. We need love and affection but we also need loyalty, support and many other things people fail to add to the equation. It seems best to be alone until you want that affection from someone else and are willing to take on whatever comes with it. At the end of the day when you are all alone, that is truly who you are, let your darkness shine. When you lie to someone you really are taking away from yourself, damaging your future. It may seem like it's okay now but one day when you least expect it karma will show you that you didn't get away with anything. Stop pretending. The only way we can do better is if we actually acknowledge our weaknesses instead of trying to hide them and cover them up with what we wish we really were. You can do better, be better, it's all up to you. The thing you must know is you have to do it, no one can do it for you. Nobody knows you like you do so why is it we spend so much time trying to be someone for everybody else? Trying to convince someone of how much of a good person we may really be when they don't even deserve an explanation. You can lie to others but you can't lie to yourself. People are going to judge you regardless if you are doing great or hit rock bottom. When your back is against a wall you see who is really there for you so why after you get out of that corner do you decide to show love to those who didn't even help you out of that corner? All of the sudden when you are doing well everyone is on your team. That's bandwagon love. That's not unconditional love yet most people embrace it more than anything. There is no fight to belong because everyone is a lost soul no matter how much money they have or how often they go to church. The fake is all around us, it's a joke to think that we are living right in these days. Everyone is out to get whoever they can just so they can eat, willing to do whatever to whoever just for a dollar. People are okay with being a side chic/dude, they are okay being loyal to someone in a relationship with hopes that one day they will get their turn, they are okay with accepting the least that someone offers them because of love. It's to the point where the value of love has been replaced with the comfort of the bare minimum someone is willing to give another. We settle for less because it seems there isn't more out here anymore. The world is just getting colder every second, every minute. In these days we gotta keep pushing and do right regardless of how everyone is living. It's not easy but it is most definitely possible. I pray that there are still genuine, honest living people out there because from where I'm standing I see nothing but a bunch of frauds with very few that are part of what we call the realest. So I won't excuse myself for being brutally honest, I'm just sick of people having so much to say when they aren't even living right. It's not about being better than anyone, it's about bettering yourself! So, will the realest of the real please stand up?

Before you leave check this track out! Push through is all we can do!



Follow him @thelonius86

Thanks for reading! 
 * kisses  

Comments/feedback/topic suggestions always appreciated!

Comments

JsophisticatedJ said…
Happy to see you back at doing one of the things you do best! I love reading your stuff and hope you continue. Love you! :)
Zodiac Avenger said…
I really like this. You write with an intent to move and improve the intangibles within us and I like that. When you said, let your darkness shine, that caught my attention immediately. I analyze life in the deepest form of expression but this note reveals the circumstances I had no words for. My overall response to the details of relationships you explained opened up my ability to say that the perimeter of my life and the realm of my mind is in the palm of her hand. Which in my understanding made reality to feel like a beautiful tragedy. You make poetry into a science, in that its a deep bond in the intent to find an answer. I definitely can relate and the reflection of this content mirrors my own. Pain is the embryo of ignorance and yet pain lives to define the true meaning of wisdom. Karma is more faithful than a promise and yet not even the most wise can appreciate the value of such commitment. I love that you keep writing.
Zodiac Avenger said…
Mark Benjamin is a shadow name. Love ya writings miss peach.
Mr James...
Unknown said…
Wow, speak that truth sis!

Popular posts from this blog

Honor Yourself