Artist Spotlight: @ADScottMusic



I find it exciting when an artist who has quality music opens up and shows they are just as human as their listeners and also expresses their genuine love for their craft. I'm not sure if I can do much justice when discussing this artist but I am going to try!


A.D. Scott is a driven, passionate and charismatic artist from Raleigh, North Carolina. His unique approach to his blend of Hip-Hop, Funk and R&B is a nice recipe that compliments who he is as an artist quite well. He wants his music to “grip your soul in a non-creepy way” and unsurprisingly enough, I know exactly what he means. Instantly I was impressed by his well-spoken poise as he discussed being different and accepting the fact that he is not supposed to be with the “in” crowd:



"The moment I decided to own my uniqueness as a blessing everything in my creative atmosphere changed for the better. Before then I, unknowingly, tried to chase and compete with what was current. Frustrated and going in circles, I would doubt if I really had the talent my peers told me I had. I promise to you, if you trust what makes you unique, you will inspire and attract the following you’re searching for."

The first track I heard was his cover of Rhianna's song “Work” which in my opinion was him saying to listeners, “I can spit but I’m fun too.” His sound is all about connecting with his listeners through high-energy release, uplifting melodies and thought-provoking lyrics.  His sound appeals to creative and idealistic listeners but doesn’t just stop there, he can capture anyone’s attention with his never ending energy and tongue twisting bars.

(Note: Explicit content)
 Available on: Itunes - Amazon - Google Play - Spotify
In April of this year A.D. dropped “Absolute Dopamine” which is a 14 track EP that I highly recommend you go check out. The first track ”Flip” is a perfect introduction because that is exactly what he does, he flips out on tracks. There are a few tracks such as “Drop” and “Lightskin” that are reminiscent of Pharrell’s vibe. My favorites include an emotional track entitled “We Gone Be Fine” featuring Duane Thompson and “The Last Song” and "On Leave" to name a few.  I would give some more insight on this project but I will let you take that journey which is most definitely worthwhile.

Overall A.D. is a super dope artist, he sings, raps and dances. Besides his lyrical talent, he shoots and edits his own videos and also engineers, mixes and masters his music. 
Let's be real here, do I really need to say anymore after those last two sentences? (haha)
 I suggest you check out his website and get a dose of his lyrical Dopamine! 




Thanks for reading!
*kisses


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honor Yourself