More Than Music: Good For Me by @Siergio


I don't have a jeep but I've definitely been listening to this album "Songs For The Jeep" in my car among many other places. Besides Siergio having a nice, clean and youthful sound his musical vibe is very mellow and his lyrics are on point.This project is emotionally inclined, filled with much lust, love and passionn.You may hop in your jeep and forget where you are driving as he takes you on a journey through his lyrical mind.

We all have songs that pull a bunch of emotion out of us. A song or songs that we find ourselves blasting. Songs that we find ourselves making random hand gestures as we spit the lyrics or attempting to hit notes we know we can't reach but don't care because we are so into the song. .you know that song that you just can't seem to skip over and sometimes even play over and over again. I am adding "Good For Me" to the list of songs I just can't seem to leave alone. In no way is this the only song I love but it is the song that has hit me the hardest.


Music teaches us many things, I don't even think I need to give examples, I know you feel what I am saying. Music is life, literally. This track for me was a confirmation, there was a reason I was drawn to it and even had tears in my eyes at one point while listening to it. It was as if he put this song out for me to sing clarity on a situation I had been fighting myself over. When I first heard the track it made me sad but at the time I didn't understand why. Every single time I heard this track it made me sad. After realizing I was fooling myself in regards to this romantic situation it all made sense. I subconsciously knew that this relationship had to come to an end but was "keeping hope alive" for some reason. This track was activating my buried emotions every time I listened and striking me to realize what needed to be done. One of those situations where you fallback and hope that the other person just gets it so that you don't have to keep going back and forth, but they keep popping back up drawing you in. These are the lyrics that had me really catching feelings and the way he sings the first part, yeah, I really felt it.

I give you everything
I give you all my love
I give you all my heart
I give you all of me

I don't think we're gonna make it
You ain't good for me
Everything that feels good
Ain't good for you

We've all been there before, giving ourselves freely yet feeling a lack of reciprocation. Sometimes you just have to get straight to the point and let the other person know it just isn't going to work.

This blog is about letting go and understanding the pain/sadness is only a temporary feeling. There is no need to hold onto things or people that add no value to our lives and/or make us feel as if we aren't good enough to receive the same love we are giving. We could save ourselves a lot of emotional turmoil if we listened to what we feel is necessary for us, We also need these experiences to grow and also to create great works of art such as music! The idea is to go through the motions and proceed in a "know better, do better" sense. That does not mean we must hold the person in a negative regard, we just have to continue to have love for them and let them find what they need while we find what we need.

 Much love to Siergio for inspiring through music, he helped me in a major way and didn't even know it. Well until now that is. I am glad I came across his music and am looking forward to watching him continue to grow as an artist!




Be sure to add his Pandora station and also check out the full album on his Soundcloud.


Thanks for reading!
kisses

Comments

Siergio said…
i cant stop smiling!
thank you for appreciating my art and telling the world!
K Monae said…
Yay!!! My pleasure, thank YOU for sharing your art with the world! 💜

Popular posts from this blog

Honor Yourself